With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
Their durability and high-quality mean they can be used in a wide range of situations. Though they allow for incredible visual designs, plastic business cards can also have extra technological functions added to them.
There are so many uses for plastic cards, it might just blow your mind!
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For more information on custom plastic cards or to find out about our competitive pricing, fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are made equal, and finding the one that is best for your business can be difficult.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
Choose from the best printer brands by using our easy-to-navigate website.
Detailed product review from other customers. Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
5 Key Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers can be purchased in either single mode or dual-sided mode.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most commonly used and most cost-effective printer.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster printing speeds, and yield higher ribbons.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
You can also use lamination to add holograms for added security.
Some other security options to consider include hologram stickers and watermarks, along with special durable card stock. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to PCs directly by using a USB cable.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. You can also connect to a network to print using multiple computers, but be sure to select a printer with an Ethernet connection. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC (also known as polyvinyl chloride) is a name for plastic. Even though it usually makes people think of construction and plumbing, it’s a durable plastic that has a wide range of uses, including printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Transferring a design onto an ID card with a PVC card printer can be done in various ways. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. One of the more popular methods for ID card printing is dye sublimation printing that requires the use of a ribbon which has panels containing three main colors, they include Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta.
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordably priced color plastic card printer available today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the plastic card.
You can just use a single-sided printer and flip the cards over to print both sides.
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a complete solution, is PC or Mac compatible, and includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of color ribbon and blank plastic cards, enough for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Print just one card at a time, or in groups of any size that you may need. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can print 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A Stronger Brand Image
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
You load the cards in the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. It’s easy to install the Badgy print ribbons, and your computer automatically recognizes them.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can easily fit into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy gives you the power to print your own customized badges in color with professional quality whenever and wherever you want! This solution provides for the instant production of personalized cards for all kinds of uses.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and you can print what you want when and where you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact design allows it to be setup anywhere in your workspace.
- Evolis offers the Badgy200 to assist you with your printing of color badges.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is great when you need to create and print membership cards, event badges, personalized employee or visitor badges as well as a library and student ID cards.
- Badgy Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with an install CD which includes Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and a number of card templates.
- Easily design and print professional, edge-to-edge ID cards and badges using the Evolis Badge Studio + the software that is included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software will enable you to manage your printer right from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing and add photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is a cost-effective solution, which is ideal for low-volume card printing. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 provides full-color, photographic quality prints covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print barcodes which can be scanned.
Whether you’re printing 1 card or 100, your costs will always be the lowest possible.
You’ll use far less power by resting in hibernation mode whenever the printer is out of use.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
Also, it prints rapidly, with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards whenever you need them, whether you’re printing in batches or one at a time. Print for things like: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges